1 killed in Kannur as rains lash northern parts of Kerala
Kozhikode: Heavy rains continued to lash northern parts of Kerala, including Kozhikode, affecting normal life on Monday.
Twentytwo houses including three in Kozhikode Taluk, were partially damaged while crops in nine hectares of land were destroyed due to the heavy rains, causing an estimated loss of Rs 11 lakh, District Collector C A Latha said.
Except professional colleges, educational institutions including Government aided and unaided schools in the district will remain closed tomorrow, she said in a release.
In Irukkur in neighbouring Kannur district a 56-year old woman died when a portion of land caved in while she was working, official sources said.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video