1 killed in Kannur as rains lash northern parts of Kerala
Kozhikode: Heavy rains continued to lash northern parts of Kerala, including Kozhikode, affecting normal life on Monday.
Twentytwo houses including three in Kozhikode Taluk, were partially damaged while crops in nine hectares of land were destroyed due to the heavy rains, causing an estimated loss of Rs 11 lakh, District Collector C A Latha said.
Except professional colleges, educational institutions including Government aided and unaided schools in the district will remain closed tomorrow, she said in a release.
In Irukkur in neighbouring Kannur district a 56-year old woman died when a portion of land caved in while she was working, official sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi