1 killed in Kannur as rains lash northern parts of Kerala
Kozhikode: Heavy rains continued to lash northern parts of Kerala, including Kozhikode, affecting normal life on Monday.
Twentytwo houses including three in Kozhikode Taluk, were partially damaged while crops in nine hectares of land were destroyed due to the heavy rains, causing an estimated loss of Rs 11 lakh, District Collector C A Latha said.
Except professional colleges, educational institutions including Government aided and unaided schools in the district will remain closed tomorrow, she said in a release.
In Irukkur in neighbouring Kannur district a 56-year old woman died when a portion of land caved in while she was working, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police