10 SFI students, 5 policemen injured in violence
Kottayam: Ten Students Federation of India activists and five police personnel were injured when violence broke out during a march by the students to the collectorate here against UDF government`s policies on the self-financing education sector.
Police said the SFI students pelted stones at them when they were prevented from breaking the police cordon to enter the locked district collectorate on Monday.
Police then lobbed teargas shells and cane charged them, they said.
The students and police personnel who suffered minor injuries were treated at the district hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed