10 SFI students, 5 policemen injured in violence
Kottayam: Ten Students Federation of India activists and five police personnel were injured when violence broke out during a march by the students to the collectorate here against UDF government`s policies on the self-financing education sector.
Police said the SFI students pelted stones at them when they were prevented from breaking the police cordon to enter the locked district collectorate on Monday.
Police then lobbed teargas shells and cane charged them, they said.
The students and police personnel who suffered minor injuries were treated at the district hospital.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray