160 women-friendly police stations to be opened
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan on Friday said 160 new women-friendly police stations, attached to circle inspectors` stations, would be opened in the state.
Replying to questions in the assembly, the minister said a system would also be introduced with the help of Social Welfare Department to give legal advice from women advocates
to those approaching these stations.
The `Jana Maithri` scheme of the police would be extended to 100 more police stations. Steps were being taken to fill the existing 1,200 vacancies in the police force which would
make it a `zero vacancy` force, he said.
The government was considering setting up of a new Vigilance Court to dispose off cases in a time-bound manner. The Vigilance department had registered 724 cases in the last
five years, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog