1769 persons arrested in narcotic cases in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has arrested 1769 persons so far in connection with 1618 narcotic cases since 2011, Minister for Excise K Babu told the assembly on Monday.
About 2690 ganja, 6.12 kg heroin, 7.41 kg hashish, 5448 narcotic ampules, 65 gramme charas,, 2.34 kg brown sugar and 1.355 gramme opium were seized from various persons during the period, Babu said while replying to a submission on the issue.
Government has intensified its raid against drug peddling and narcotic selling gangs, Babu added.
As part of government`s anti-narcotic awareness programme, it has decided to set up anti-narcotic clubs in colleges, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi