1769 persons arrested in narcotic cases in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has arrested 1769 persons so far in connection with 1618 narcotic cases since 2011, Minister for Excise K Babu told the assembly on Monday.
About 2690 ganja, 6.12 kg heroin, 7.41 kg hashish, 5448 narcotic ampules, 65 gramme charas,, 2.34 kg brown sugar and 1.355 gramme opium were seized from various persons during the period, Babu said while replying to a submission on the issue.
Government has intensified its raid against drug peddling and narcotic selling gangs, Babu added.
As part of government`s anti-narcotic awareness programme, it has decided to set up anti-narcotic clubs in colleges, he said.
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning