‘1st phase of PNG project to be completed in Dec’
Thiruvananthapuram: The first phase of project of laying natural gas pipeline from Gas Authority of India`s LNG Terminal in Kochi would be completed in December, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Wednesday.
The state government is planning to constitute a Petroleum Natural Gas Cell to prepare a strategy for maximum utilisation of natural gas for the state`s economic growth, he told the state assembly.
The first phase of laying a 44 km pipeline from Kochi Gas Terminal to nine companies, including Cochin Refineries, FACT plant at Udyogamandal and Amalammukel power plant at Brahmapuram, is fast progressing and is expected to be commissioned in December, he said.
The construction work of LNG Terminal at Kochi has been completed, he said.
The plan to supply natural gas for domestic use through pipe connection to residences is also under consideration.
The second phase of routing natural gas to the NTPC Power plant at Kayamkulam and to Mangalapuram and to Bangalore via Palakkad would be taken up, he said.
The state government would ensure that people whose lands have been acquired or through which the pipeline passes get a good compensation package, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP