‘1st phase of PNG project to be completed in Dec’
Thiruvananthapuram: The first phase of project of laying natural gas pipeline from Gas Authority of India`s LNG Terminal in Kochi would be completed in December, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Wednesday.
The state government is planning to constitute a Petroleum Natural Gas Cell to prepare a strategy for maximum utilisation of natural gas for the state`s economic growth, he told the state assembly.
The first phase of laying a 44 km pipeline from Kochi Gas Terminal to nine companies, including Cochin Refineries, FACT plant at Udyogamandal and Amalammukel power plant at Brahmapuram, is fast progressing and is expected to be commissioned in December, he said.
The construction work of LNG Terminal at Kochi has been completed, he said.
The plan to supply natural gas for domestic use through pipe connection to residences is also under consideration.
The second phase of routing natural gas to the NTPC Power plant at Kayamkulam and to Mangalapuram and to Bangalore via Palakkad would be taken up, he said.
The state government would ensure that people whose lands have been acquired or through which the pipeline passes get a good compensation package, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31