‘1st phase of PNG project to be completed in Dec’
Thiruvananthapuram: The first phase of project of laying natural gas pipeline from Gas Authority of India`s LNG Terminal in Kochi would be completed in December, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Wednesday.
The state government is planning to constitute a Petroleum Natural Gas Cell to prepare a strategy for maximum utilisation of natural gas for the state`s economic growth, he told the state assembly.
The first phase of laying a 44 km pipeline from Kochi Gas Terminal to nine companies, including Cochin Refineries, FACT plant at Udyogamandal and Amalammukel power plant at Brahmapuram, is fast progressing and is expected to be commissioned in December, he said.
The construction work of LNG Terminal at Kochi has been completed, he said.
The plan to supply natural gas for domestic use through pipe connection to residences is also under consideration.
The second phase of routing natural gas to the NTPC Power plant at Kayamkulam and to Mangalapuram and to Bangalore via Palakkad would be taken up, he said.
The state government would ensure that people whose lands have been acquired or through which the pipeline passes get a good compensation package, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks