20 concrete proposals to invest in EDU City
Thrissur (Kerala): Executive Director of INKEL, T Balakrishnan said 20 concrete proposals to invest in EDU City for providing national and international education services had been received.
INKE, formerly Infrastructure Kerala Limited and Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation had been promoted INKEL-KSIDC Projects Limited, an education hub on 168 acres in Malappuram district, 25 km from Calicut International Airport, he told reporters here today.
He said the last date for receiving expression of intent from investors had been extended up to February 28 as against the earlier schedule of January 31.
He said the response from investors in Edu City was very encouraging and it was expected to entertain only 25 investors mainly from Thrissur, Palakad, Kannur, Kozhikode and Malappuram districts.
The interactive sessions were held in Kozhikode, Palakad and Thrissur and there wasactive presence of prospective investors in all the sessions, he added.
The project would be completed in five years and when completed there would be about Rs.2000 crore investment in all, Balakrishnan said.
The projects envisaged in the proposed Edu City would consist of an International School, Institute for Technical Education, Institute of Engineering and Technology, International Business School, school of Science, School of Commerce, school of Law, Media school and Finishing School, Balarishnan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown