20 concrete proposals to invest in EDU City
Thrissur (Kerala): Executive Director of INKEL, T Balakrishnan said 20 concrete proposals to invest in EDU City for providing national and international education services had been received.
INKE, formerly Infrastructure Kerala Limited and Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation had been promoted INKEL-KSIDC Projects Limited, an education hub on 168 acres in Malappuram district, 25 km from Calicut International Airport, he told reporters here today.
He said the last date for receiving expression of intent from investors had been extended up to February 28 as against the earlier schedule of January 31.
He said the response from investors in Edu City was very encouraging and it was expected to entertain only 25 investors mainly from Thrissur, Palakad, Kannur, Kozhikode and Malappuram districts.
The interactive sessions were held in Kozhikode, Palakad and Thrissur and there wasactive presence of prospective investors in all the sessions, he added.
The project would be completed in five years and when completed there would be about Rs.2000 crore investment in all, Balakrishnan said.
The projects envisaged in the proposed Edu City would consist of an International School, Institute for Technical Education, Institute of Engineering and Technology, International Business School, school of Science, School of Commerce, school of Law, Media school and Finishing School, Balarishnan said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details