20 concrete proposals to invest in EDU City
Thrissur (Kerala): Executive Director of INKEL, T Balakrishnan said 20 concrete proposals to invest in EDU City for providing national and international education services had been received.
INKE, formerly Infrastructure Kerala Limited and Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation had been promoted INKEL-KSIDC Projects Limited, an education hub on 168 acres in Malappuram district, 25 km from Calicut International Airport, he told reporters here today.
He said the last date for receiving expression of intent from investors had been extended up to February 28 as against the earlier schedule of January 31.
He said the response from investors in Edu City was very encouraging and it was expected to entertain only 25 investors mainly from Thrissur, Palakad, Kannur, Kozhikode and Malappuram districts.
The interactive sessions were held in Kozhikode, Palakad and Thrissur and there wasactive presence of prospective investors in all the sessions, he added.
The project would be completed in five years and when completed there would be about Rs.2000 crore investment in all, Balakrishnan said.
The projects envisaged in the proposed Edu City would consist of an International School, Institute for Technical Education, Institute of Engineering and Technology, International Business School, school of Science, School of Commerce, school of Law, Media school and Finishing School, Balarishnan said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble