219 cadets complete naval orientation course
Kannur :A total of 219 cadets, including 36 women, on Saturday successfully completed the 14th Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala in the district.
The 22 week orientation course commenced on December 26, 2011, an academy press release said.
Among the 219 cadets were 56 from the Indian Coast Guard, it said.
Vice Admiral R K Dhowan, Vice Chief of Naval Staff reviewed the passing out parade after awarding medals to meritorious cadets.
On completion of training, officers of technical branches proceed to various naval and Coast Guard establishments to consolidate training in their specific fields.
Cadets of the executive branch proceed for training phase on board training ships of the Indian Navy and Coast Guard at Kochi, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know