24-hour dharna for Kerala CM`s resignation begins
Thiruvananthapuram: The 24-hour dharna by activists of CPI-M led LDF opposition in Kerala demanding resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy over solar panel scam began in front of the secretariat on Monday.
Despite heavy rains, LDF activists took part in the dharna that began at 10 AM under the leadership of CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan.
Speaking on the occasion, Vijayan said the agitation was for the resignation of Chandy and a judicial probe into the issue and not for toppling the UDF government.
The propaganda that the agitation was to bring down the government was with a view to protecting Chandy, Vijayan said.
Opposition leader in the Assembly V S Achuthanandan wanted Chandy to quit rather than cling to power. By suppressing the LDF agitation, it would not be possible to check the truth from coming out.
LDF MPs, MLAs and senior leaders of the Front participated in the dharna.
Solar scam pertains to defrauding a large number of people to the tune of crores of rupees by Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering solar energy solutions.
It attained political significance after the arrest of a Private Assistant of Chandy and removal of two others from the CM`s office for their alleged link with the solar case accused.
LDF has also decided to organise similar dharnas at district headquarters on all days from July 24.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP