3 cops suspended as murder accused CPM leader meets wife
Thiruvananthapuram: In a serious violation of prison rules, a CPI(M) leader remanded in connection with a political murder case met his wife and party functionaries in a hotel in Kozhikode while being taken for a medical checkup.
After the visuals of the incident surfaced in the media, three policemen, who escorted the undertrial from the sub-jail in Kozhikode, have been suspended.
According to police sources, P Mohanan, an accused in the T P Chandrasekharan murder case, met his wife and party MLA K K Lathika in a hotel near medical college hospital in Kozhikode a few days ago.
Mohanan was taken for consultation with doctor in the medical college hospital for urological problems.
As per the rules, an undertrial, given permission for medical consultation outside the prison, is not supposed to go to hotel or any other places on the way or meet and talk to relatives or people.
Taking a serious view of the incident, Home Minister Thiruvananchur Radhakrishnan said in Kottayam that a report had been sought from the DGP as this involved a serious security lapse.
Chandrasekharan, who left CPI(M) and floated Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) at Onchiyam near Vatakara in Kozhikode district, was hacked to death in May 2012.
Most of the accused in the case are CPI(M) activists from Kozhikodeand Kannur districts.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh