3 cops suspended as murder accused CPM leader meets wife
Thiruvananthapuram: In a serious violation of prison rules, a CPI(M) leader remanded in connection with a political murder case met his wife and party functionaries in a hotel in Kozhikode while being taken for a medical checkup.
After the visuals of the incident surfaced in the media, three policemen, who escorted the undertrial from the sub-jail in Kozhikode, have been suspended.
According to police sources, P Mohanan, an accused in the T P Chandrasekharan murder case, met his wife and party MLA K K Lathika in a hotel near medical college hospital in Kozhikode a few days ago.
Mohanan was taken for consultation with doctor in the medical college hospital for urological problems.
As per the rules, an undertrial, given permission for medical consultation outside the prison, is not supposed to go to hotel or any other places on the way or meet and talk to relatives or people.
Taking a serious view of the incident, Home Minister Thiruvananchur Radhakrishnan said in Kottayam that a report had been sought from the DGP as this involved a serious security lapse.
Chandrasekharan, who left CPI(M) and floated Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) at Onchiyam near Vatakara in Kozhikode district, was hacked to death in May 2012.
Most of the accused in the case are CPI(M) activists from Kozhikodeand Kannur districts.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan