30 school children injured as bus falls into canal
Kannur: Thirty children were injured On Thursday, one of them seriously, when the school bus in which they were travelling went out of control and fell into a canal, which did not have much water, at Kadachira in the district, police said.
The bus carrying about 40 children was on its way to the private Higher Secondary School when the mishap occurred.
There was less water in the canal, police said.
The injured have been admitted to various hospitals while the seriously injured student to the Pariyaram Medical College hospital. A teacher was also injured.
Local people, police and fire rescue department personnel rushed to the spot and engaged in relief operations.
Meanwhile, relatives of the students demanded that police register cases against the driver and school management.
Kerala Tourism Minister A P Anilkumar visited the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon