30 school children injured as bus falls into canal
Kannur: Thirty children were injured On Thursday, one of them seriously, when the school bus in which they were travelling went out of control and fell into a canal, which did not have much water, at Kadachira in the district, police said.
The bus carrying about 40 children was on its way to the private Higher Secondary School when the mishap occurred.
There was less water in the canal, police said.
The injured have been admitted to various hospitals while the seriously injured student to the Pariyaram Medical College hospital. A teacher was also injured.
Local people, police and fire rescue department personnel rushed to the spot and engaged in relief operations.
Meanwhile, relatives of the students demanded that police register cases against the driver and school management.
Kerala Tourism Minister A P Anilkumar visited the injured.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened