30 school children injured as bus falls into canal
Kannur: Thirty children were injured On Thursday, one of them seriously, when the school bus in which they were travelling went out of control and fell into a canal, which did not have much water, at Kadachira in the district, police said.
The bus carrying about 40 children was on its way to the private Higher Secondary School when the mishap occurred.
There was less water in the canal, police said.
The injured have been admitted to various hospitals while the seriously injured student to the Pariyaram Medical College hospital. A teacher was also injured.
Local people, police and fire rescue department personnel rushed to the spot and engaged in relief operations.
Meanwhile, relatives of the students demanded that police register cases against the driver and school management.
Kerala Tourism Minister A P Anilkumar visited the injured.
- Tamil Nadu polls: Modi govt taking anti-working class initiatives, says CPI
- Indian Premier League 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - As it happened...
- Sebi to hit cinema screens to spread investor awareness
- Royal Enfield sales rise 42% in April
- Steady economic growth fails to revive job market: Report