30 school children injured as bus falls into canal
Kannur: Thirty children were injured On Thursday, one of them seriously, when the school bus in which they were travelling went out of control and fell into a canal, which did not have much water, at Kadachira in the district, police said.
The bus carrying about 40 children was on its way to the private Higher Secondary School when the mishap occurred.
There was less water in the canal, police said.
The injured have been admitted to various hospitals while the seriously injured student to the Pariyaram Medical College hospital. A teacher was also injured.
Local people, police and fire rescue department personnel rushed to the spot and engaged in relief operations.
Meanwhile, relatives of the students demanded that police register cases against the driver and school management.
Kerala Tourism Minister A P Anilkumar visited the injured.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you