37 CG officers pass out of Kochi training centre
Kochi: Thirty seven Assistant Commandants of the Coast Guard, including six women officers, today passed out of the Coast Guard Training centre here after successfully completing the Law and Operations course.
Their passing out parade was reviewed by Inspector General Satya Prakash Sharma, Regional Commander Coast Guard Region East.
During the parade, Assistant Commandant Rahul Lodhi was awarded the Sword of Honour for being adjudged the first in order of merit.
Addressing the parade, Inspector General Sharma said maritime security continues to be uncertain and fluid and asked them to be prepared for a variety of roles, ranging from rescue operations during natural calamities to anti-piracy operations.
He exhorted them to etch the Coast Guard motto `Vayam Rakshma` (We Protect) in their hearts and soul as they discharge their duties and spoke on professionalism, leading by example, moral courage and team loyalty.
The 12 week course, conducted twice a year, comprises subjects including ocean management and pollution response, search and rescue, international maritime law, civil law and fisheries.
In addition to specialist officers from the Coast Guard, faculty from the Law College, Passport Office, Police Department, Customs and Central Excise, Narcotics Control Bureau and Port Trust also conduct the lectures. Emphasis is placed on outdoor activities and leadership training as well.
Deputy Inspector General T K S Chandran, Commander Coast Guard, was among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth