38-year old gets death penalty for brutal murder of NRI
Thiruvananthapuram: A 38-year old man was on Tuesday sentenced to death by a court here for murdering an NRI businessman and chopping his body into pieces before burying them in July 2011.
Awarding the capital punishment to first accused Sherif for the murder of 43-year old Salim in July 2011, Principal Sessions Judge B Sudheendrakumar also sentenced his accomplice H Sanober to life imprisonment.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 10 lakh on the convicts which should be paid to the wife of the deceased.
Sherif was found guilty of charges of criminal conspiracy, abetment of murder, kidnapping, causing hurt by poison and murder. Second accused Sanober (43) was found guilty of criminal conspiracy and murder.
Dispute over financial dealings between the deceased and the accused was the reason for the brutal murder.
Prosecution case was that Sherif owed several lakhs of rupees to Salim and hatched a conspiracy to kill him when he demanded the money back.
He made Salim unconscious by giving him beer mixed with sleeping pills, hacked him to death and chopped his body into 16 pieces, which were then wrapped in plastic bags and buried in the courtyard of his house.
Salim, who had returned on leave from Saudi Arabia on June 30, 2011 went missing on July 9 and his chopped body pieces were found by investigating officers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster