4-day CITU General Council in Coimbatore from June 2
Coimbatore: The four-day National General Council of Centre of Indian Trade Union (CITU), the trade union wing of CPI-M, beginning here on June 2 would discuss various issues confronting the labour force in the country.
About 400 representatives from all over the country would participate in the highest decision making body of the CITU and formulate a strategy to uphold the rights of the workers and uplift their living conditions, CITU sources said.
Over 25,000 workers would take out a procession,which would culminate into a rally in the evening of the concluding day, which would be addressed by CITU President A K Padmanabhan among others, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest