4-day CITU General Council in Coimbatore from June 2
Coimbatore: The four-day National General Council of Centre of Indian Trade Union (CITU), the trade union wing of CPI-M, beginning here on June 2 would discuss various issues confronting the labour force in the country.
About 400 representatives from all over the country would participate in the highest decision making body of the CITU and formulate a strategy to uphold the rights of the workers and uplift their living conditions, CITU sources said.
Over 25,000 workers would take out a procession,which would culminate into a rally in the evening of the concluding day, which would be addressed by CITU President A K Padmanabhan among others, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan