4-day CITU General Council in Coimbatore from June 2
Coimbatore: The four-day National General Council of Centre of Indian Trade Union (CITU), the trade union wing of CPI-M, beginning here on June 2 would discuss various issues confronting the labour force in the country.
About 400 representatives from all over the country would participate in the highest decision making body of the CITU and formulate a strategy to uphold the rights of the workers and uplift their living conditions, CITU sources said.
Over 25,000 workers would take out a procession,which would culminate into a rally in the evening of the concluding day, which would be addressed by CITU President A K Padmanabhan among others, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler