4 held for RMP leader`s murder produced in court
Kozhikode: Four persons arrested in connection with the May 4 murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan were produced before a local court on Thursday by the Special Investigation Team probing the case.
Those produced before the Kunnamangalam Judicial First Class Magistrate Court were Kunnamakkara CPI(M) local committee member K C Ramachandran, Dilshad, P K Mohammed Faizal and Saneesh.
While the court remanded Ramachandran to 14 days police custody, the other three were remanded to police custody for four days.
Meanwhile, the SIT today arrested CPI(M) Methale Kunnothuparambu Branch Secretary Manojan and one Shanoj from Thalassery in Kannur district in connection with the case.
With this, the SIT has so far arrested 11 persons in connection with the murder.
50-year-old Chandrasekharan was murdered on May 4 at Vallikkadu near Vatakara town in the district.
The assailants, who came by a car, attacked him while he was riding a motorcycle alone. Country-made bombs were hurled at him before he was hacked to death with sharp weapons.
A former CPI(M) leader in the party stronghold Onjiyam in Kozhikode district, Chandrasekharan was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the leadership. He later joined RMP floated by CPI(M) activists who either quit the party over ideological issues or expelled for anti-party activities.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'