4 held for RMP leader`s murder produced in court
Kozhikode: Four persons arrested in connection with the May 4 murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan were produced before a local court on Thursday by the Special Investigation Team probing the case.
Those produced before the Kunnamangalam Judicial First Class Magistrate Court were Kunnamakkara CPI(M) local committee member K C Ramachandran, Dilshad, P K Mohammed Faizal and Saneesh.
While the court remanded Ramachandran to 14 days police custody, the other three were remanded to police custody for four days.
Meanwhile, the SIT today arrested CPI(M) Methale Kunnothuparambu Branch Secretary Manojan and one Shanoj from Thalassery in Kannur district in connection with the case.
With this, the SIT has so far arrested 11 persons in connection with the murder.
50-year-old Chandrasekharan was murdered on May 4 at Vallikkadu near Vatakara town in the district.
The assailants, who came by a car, attacked him while he was riding a motorcycle alone. Country-made bombs were hurled at him before he was hacked to death with sharp weapons.
A former CPI(M) leader in the party stronghold Onjiyam in Kozhikode district, Chandrasekharan was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the leadership. He later joined RMP floated by CPI(M) activists who either quit the party over ideological issues or expelled for anti-party activities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani