4 held for RMP leader`s murder produced in court
Kozhikode: Four persons arrested in connection with the May 4 murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan were produced before a local court on Thursday by the Special Investigation Team probing the case.
Those produced before the Kunnamangalam Judicial First Class Magistrate Court were Kunnamakkara CPI(M) local committee member K C Ramachandran, Dilshad, P K Mohammed Faizal and Saneesh.
While the court remanded Ramachandran to 14 days police custody, the other three were remanded to police custody for four days.
Meanwhile, the SIT today arrested CPI(M) Methale Kunnothuparambu Branch Secretary Manojan and one Shanoj from Thalassery in Kannur district in connection with the case.
With this, the SIT has so far arrested 11 persons in connection with the murder.
50-year-old Chandrasekharan was murdered on May 4 at Vallikkadu near Vatakara town in the district.
The assailants, who came by a car, attacked him while he was riding a motorcycle alone. Country-made bombs were hurled at him before he was hacked to death with sharp weapons.
A former CPI(M) leader in the party stronghold Onjiyam in Kozhikode district, Chandrasekharan was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the leadership. He later joined RMP floated by CPI(M) activists who either quit the party over ideological issues or expelled for anti-party activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army