4-yr-old girl tortured by father, stepmother
Coimbatore: In a case of child abuse, a
four-year-old girl has been tortured by her father and
stepmother at nearby Tirupur, police said.
The girl has now been rescued and admitted to the
district headquarters hospital at Tirupur with severe facial
injuries while the duo have fled from the town, they said.
Police said they acted on a complaint by NGO SAVE, which
lodged a complaint after neighbours alerted `childline`, which
in turn informed the NGO about the torture the child was being
Quoting the girl, police said the stepmother used to rub
her face to a working wet grinding stone. The woman also used
to insert a piece of broomstick into her nostrils when she was
asleep early in the morning and brand her with a hot iron rod
on her palms and legs.
Based on her oral statement, police formed two teams to
trace the woman and the father, a bus conductor, they said.
The girl`s mother, who left her husband some years ago
has been informed about the incident, they said.
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'