70 students hospitalised due to food poisoning
Kottayam (Ker): Seventy students of a school in Idukki district were on Monday hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning allegedly after they had food from the hostel.
Medical College Hospital sources said the students, studying in the fifth to ninth standard, complained of stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea after allegedly having dinner at the hostel yesterday.
They were taken to the taluk hospitals at Peerumedu and Kanjirapally and after first-aid, taken back to the hostel.
This morning, the students again developed the symptoms and were taken to the Medical College hospital and Taluk Hospital at Kanjirapally, sources said.
Those above 12 years were being treated at the Medical College hospital and the rest at the Children`s wing of the Medical College hospital here.
Their condition is stated to be out of danger, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'