70 students hospitalised due to food poisoning
Kottayam (Ker): Seventy students of a school in Idukki district were on Monday hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning allegedly after they had food from the hostel.
Medical College Hospital sources said the students, studying in the fifth to ninth standard, complained of stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea after allegedly having dinner at the hostel yesterday.
They were taken to the taluk hospitals at Peerumedu and Kanjirapally and after first-aid, taken back to the hostel.
This morning, the students again developed the symptoms and were taken to the Medical College hospital and Taluk Hospital at Kanjirapally, sources said.
Those above 12 years were being treated at the Medical College hospital and the rest at the Children`s wing of the Medical College hospital here.
Their condition is stated to be out of danger, sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3