80 prisoners on 1 day fast over delay in taking up their pleas
Coimbatore: Eighty undertrials and prisoners at Central Jail here on Monday resorted to a one day fast protesting the delay in taking up their pleas on detaining them under the Goondas Act.
Police said these prisoners, including those involved in robberies and house breaking, wanted the Advisory Committee to hear their petitions at the earliest.
Once detained under Goondas Act, they may not be able to come on bail for a period of one year, police said.
The prisoners refused to have breakfast and lunch, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi