80 prisoners on 1 day fast over delay in taking up their pleas
Coimbatore: Eighty undertrials and prisoners at Central Jail here on Monday resorted to a one day fast protesting the delay in taking up their pleas on detaining them under the Goondas Act.
Police said these prisoners, including those involved in robberies and house breaking, wanted the Advisory Committee to hear their petitions at the earliest.
Once detained under Goondas Act, they may not be able to come on bail for a period of one year, police said.
The prisoners refused to have breakfast and lunch, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence