80 prisoners on 1 day fast over delay in taking up their pleas
Coimbatore: Eighty undertrials and prisoners at Central Jail here on Monday resorted to a one day fast protesting the delay in taking up their pleas on detaining them under the Goondas Act.
Police said these prisoners, including those involved in robberies and house breaking, wanted the Advisory Committee to hear their petitions at the earliest.
Once detained under Goondas Act, they may not be able to come on bail for a period of one year, police said.
The prisoners refused to have breakfast and lunch, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!