9-yr-old Kerala kid swings Ferrari, father booked
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Mohammad Nisham, a businessman from Kochi has been charged by the Kerala police for allowing his nine year old kid to drive a Ferrari, reports said Monday.
The incident came to light when a YouTube video of Nisham`s 9-year old son driving a Ferrari, with 7-yr-old sibling in passenger seat went viral.
The video was filmed by the kids` mother when the boy drove the Ferrari on his birthday.
Kerala Police has charged Mohammed Nisham with endangering the life of the minor by allowing him to drive the sports car, said Inspector MV Verghese.
Verghese said the boy`s father, who has a thriving tobacco and real estate business, owns a stable of 18 cars worth an estimated $4 million. Nisham has applied for bail and is expected to turn himself in at the police station close to his home near the port city of Kochi, Verghese said.
He said police would likely impound the Ferrari while the case is ongoing. The boy`s parents are unabashed. "I am proud of him. He`s been driving since he was 5," said his mother, Amal Nisham.
She said the boy has also driven the family`s Lamborghini and Bentley and other cars. "It was his ninth birthday, and since he was insisting for months, we allowed him to drive the Ferrari. He is a cautious and confident driver," she said. "It`s not easy for a child to achieve such a feat at this young age," she said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda