AAP Kerala denies resignation of Anita Pratap
Kochi: Aam Aadmi Party in Kerala on Monday denied reports that well-known journalist, Anita Pratap, who had unsuccessfully contested on the party ticket from Ernakulam, had resigned from the party.
Manoj Padmanabhan, state convener of AAP, told PTI that in an e-mail message sent to him today, Anita stated she had been getting media calls that she has resigned from AAP. "Not True. Where does such news come from," she said in the message.
Anita had been appointed as the media coordinator of the party.
Manoj Padmanabhan said there was a meeting of state committee members here yesterday for which notifications had been sent to all. Responding to it, Anita had informed them that since she was presently in Tokyo she had requested that someone else be appointed to the post for the time being as she is outside the country, Padmanabhan said.
There were some media reports today that Anita was not happy with the party for not giving her an important post.
Writer Sara Joseph, who unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha polls from Thrissur, had been recently appointed as special invitee in the National Executive.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video