AAP Kerala denies resignation of Anita Pratap
Kochi: Aam Aadmi Party in Kerala on Monday denied reports that well-known journalist, Anita Pratap, who had unsuccessfully contested on the party ticket from Ernakulam, had resigned from the party.
Manoj Padmanabhan, state convener of AAP, told PTI that in an e-mail message sent to him today, Anita stated she had been getting media calls that she has resigned from AAP. "Not True. Where does such news come from," she said in the message.
Anita had been appointed as the media coordinator of the party.
Manoj Padmanabhan said there was a meeting of state committee members here yesterday for which notifications had been sent to all. Responding to it, Anita had informed them that since she was presently in Tokyo she had requested that someone else be appointed to the post for the time being as she is outside the country, Padmanabhan said.
There were some media reports today that Anita was not happy with the party for not giving her an important post.
Writer Sara Joseph, who unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha polls from Thrissur, had been recently appointed as special invitee in the National Executive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary