Abandoned baby girl dies in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 28-day-old girl, abandoned by her parents at the `Ammathottil` (baby cradle centre) here, a state government initiative to look after unwanted babies, passed away following various ailments on Monday.
The premature baby and was suffering from various diseases, including kidney failure, authorities at State Council for Child Welfare, which manages the cradle, said.
The baby was under treatment at a government hospital here for some days and was discharged on Saturday, a council official said.
However, the condition of the underweight child took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon and she died on the way to hospital, she said.
The child was found at the Ammathottil on February 7.
As many as 49 children, both abandoned and of financially poor parents, are there at the shelter home of the Council.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital