Abandoned baby girl dies in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 28-day-old girl, abandoned by her parents at the `Ammathottil` (baby cradle centre) here, a state government initiative to look after unwanted babies, passed away following various ailments on Monday.
The premature baby and was suffering from various diseases, including kidney failure, authorities at State Council for Child Welfare, which manages the cradle, said.
The baby was under treatment at a government hospital here for some days and was discharged on Saturday, a council official said.
However, the condition of the underweight child took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon and she died on the way to hospital, she said.
The child was found at the Ammathottil on February 7.
As many as 49 children, both abandoned and of financially poor parents, are there at the shelter home of the Council.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef