Abandoned baby girl dies in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 28-day-old girl, abandoned by her parents at the `Ammathottil` (baby cradle centre) here, a state government initiative to look after unwanted babies, passed away following various ailments on Monday.
The premature baby and was suffering from various diseases, including kidney failure, authorities at State Council for Child Welfare, which manages the cradle, said.
The baby was under treatment at a government hospital here for some days and was discharged on Saturday, a council official said.
However, the condition of the underweight child took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon and she died on the way to hospital, she said.
The child was found at the Ammathottil on February 7.
As many as 49 children, both abandoned and of financially poor parents, are there at the shelter home of the Council.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?