Abandoned baby girl dies in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 28-day-old girl, abandoned by her parents at the `Ammathottil` (baby cradle centre) here, a state government initiative to look after unwanted babies, passed away following various ailments on Monday.
The premature baby and was suffering from various diseases, including kidney failure, authorities at State Council for Child Welfare, which manages the cradle, said.
The baby was under treatment at a government hospital here for some days and was discharged on Saturday, a council official said.
However, the condition of the underweight child took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon and she died on the way to hospital, she said.
The child was found at the Ammathottil on February 7.
As many as 49 children, both abandoned and of financially poor parents, are there at the shelter home of the Council.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption