Abandoned baby girl dies in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 28-day-old girl, abandoned by her parents at the `Ammathottil` (baby cradle centre) here, a state government initiative to look after unwanted babies, passed away following various ailments on Monday.
The premature baby and was suffering from various diseases, including kidney failure, authorities at State Council for Child Welfare, which manages the cradle, said.
The baby was under treatment at a government hospital here for some days and was discharged on Saturday, a council official said.
However, the condition of the underweight child took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon and she died on the way to hospital, she said.
The child was found at the Ammathottil on February 7.
As many as 49 children, both abandoned and of financially poor parents, are there at the shelter home of the Council.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert