Abducted Keralite calls wife, informs he is safe
Kozhikode: The family of a garment factory
manager, who was abducted allegedly by the outlawed terror
group of Abu Sayyaf gang in Philippines, has said that he
called his wife to inform about his safety.
"It is a great relief to know that Biju is safe," Shybu,
the brother of the abducted man, told PTI here.
"Biju phoned his wife Alina and informed her that he was
safe," Shybu said, adding the abductors were shifting their
hiding place frequently.
The 36-year-old, working as a manager of a garment
factory at Kuwait, had gone to Philippines -- native place of
his wife Alina -- along with their two children on June 9 on a
Biju was abducted on June 11 by the gang when they barged
into his wife`s residence at Sulu province.
Shybu said the Philippines authorities are making "all
out efforts" to find out the whereabouts of Biju.
Biju had visited his parents in the last week of May and
returned to Kuwait to go to Philippines, Shybu said, adding he
also works for the same company as his brother and was on
leave when the incident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened