Abducted Keralite calls wife, informs he is safe
Kozhikode: The family of a garment factory
manager, who was abducted allegedly by the outlawed terror
group of Abu Sayyaf gang in Philippines, has said that he
called his wife to inform about his safety.
"It is a great relief to know that Biju is safe," Shybu,
the brother of the abducted man, told PTI here.
"Biju phoned his wife Alina and informed her that he was
safe," Shybu said, adding the abductors were shifting their
hiding place frequently.
The 36-year-old, working as a manager of a garment
factory at Kuwait, had gone to Philippines -- native place of
his wife Alina -- along with their two children on June 9 on a
Biju was abducted on June 11 by the gang when they barged
into his wife`s residence at Sulu province.
Shybu said the Philippines authorities are making "all
out efforts" to find out the whereabouts of Biju.
Biju had visited his parents in the last week of May and
returned to Kuwait to go to Philippines, Shybu said, adding he
also works for the same company as his brother and was on
leave when the incident occurred.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister