Abducted Keralite calls wife, informs he is safe
Kozhikode: The family of a garment factory
manager, who was abducted allegedly by the outlawed terror
group of Abu Sayyaf gang in Philippines, has said that he
called his wife to inform about his safety.
"It is a great relief to know that Biju is safe," Shybu,
the brother of the abducted man, told PTI here.
"Biju phoned his wife Alina and informed her that he was
safe," Shybu said, adding the abductors were shifting their
hiding place frequently.
The 36-year-old, working as a manager of a garment
factory at Kuwait, had gone to Philippines -- native place of
his wife Alina -- along with their two children on June 9 on a
Biju was abducted on June 11 by the gang when they barged
into his wife`s residence at Sulu province.
Shybu said the Philippines authorities are making "all
out efforts" to find out the whereabouts of Biju.
Biju had visited his parents in the last week of May and
returned to Kuwait to go to Philippines, Shybu said, adding he
also works for the same company as his brother and was on
leave when the incident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey