Abhaya case: Accused nun moves Delhi HC against CBI
New Delhi: A nun, who is one of the
accused in the 1992 Sister Abhaya murder case in a Kerala
convent, today moved the Delhi High Court seeking action
against CBI officials who forced her to undergo virginity test
Justice V K Shalli, however, raised the question of
jurisdiction and asked the counsel for nun Sister Sephy to
argue on the point of maintainability of the case in this
court on January 15.
Filing a petition, Sister Sephy, on bail since
January, contended the investigating agency forced her to
undergo the virginity test against her wish which was
violative of her fundamental rights.
In May this year, the National Human Rights Commission
had expressed its inability to take action against the erring
officials as the case is pending in various courts.
According to Sister Sephy, when CBI failed to prove
the allegation that she was having sexual relation with the
fathers in the convent, CBI concocted a story in the
chargesheet saying she had undergone hymenoplasty to keep
intact her virginity.
Seeking compensation for vulgar language allegedly
used by the agency against her, she accused CBI leaking the
chargesheet to the media with an "ulterior" motive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues