Achuthanandan blames state leadership for LDF`s defeat
Thiruvananthapuram: In a virtual indictment of the CPI(M) state set-up controlled by his bete noire Pinarayi Vijayan, party stalwart VS Achuthanandan on Thursday said lapses including "irrational" selection of candidates led to the narrow defeat of the LDF in 2011 assembly polls in Kerala.
In an interview to Mathrubhumi News, the octogenarian leader also said some particular section in the party appeared to have wished against the LDF led by him returning to power.
"Certainly...Otherwise there was no reason why the LDF should not have come back," was his reply to the question.
Achuthanandan, who has for long been at loggerheads with state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, said "irrational selection of candidates" was the prime reason for the defeat of the LDF by the Congress-led UDF, which wrested power by a slender majority of 72 seats in the 140-member assembly.
He said at least in the case of three segments, two of them in Thrissur and one in the state capital, the LDF would have won if winnable candidates were fielded.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley