Achuthanandan calls on Chandy at hospital
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) stalwart and opposition leader in the Kerala Assembly V S Achuthanandan on Monday called on Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at the Medical College hospital here, where he is admitted after being hurt in stone-pelting by LDF workers at Kannur.
Achuthanandan, however, declined to make any statement to the reporters, who have thronged the hospital.
Though a trenchant critic of Chandy, Achuthanandan had condemned the attack on him, stating the LDF did not call for a violent mode of protest over the solar panel scam.
Apart from the nonagenarian leader, there have been a steady stream of visitors since early morning to the hospital, where Chandy was admitted for detailed check up and observation.
On advice from the doctors, all his official programmes for the day have been cancelled.
Though Chandy was keen to keep up his pre-scheduled "mass contact programme" at the neighbouring Kollam district tomorrow, it has been postponed for later this week as insisted by doctors.
The second phase of the district-wise mass contact programme, started from the state capital last week, has been drawing huge turn out of people, mostly under privileged, seeking redressal to their various problems ranging from welfare pensions to medical aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in