Achuthanandan calls on Chandy at hospital
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) stalwart and opposition leader in the Kerala Assembly V S Achuthanandan on Monday called on Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at the Medical College hospital here, where he is admitted after being hurt in stone-pelting by LDF workers at Kannur.
Achuthanandan, however, declined to make any statement to the reporters, who have thronged the hospital.
Though a trenchant critic of Chandy, Achuthanandan had condemned the attack on him, stating the LDF did not call for a violent mode of protest over the solar panel scam.
Apart from the nonagenarian leader, there have been a steady stream of visitors since early morning to the hospital, where Chandy was admitted for detailed check up and observation.
On advice from the doctors, all his official programmes for the day have been cancelled.
Though Chandy was keen to keep up his pre-scheduled "mass contact programme" at the neighbouring Kollam district tomorrow, it has been postponed for later this week as insisted by doctors.
The second phase of the district-wise mass contact programme, started from the state capital last week, has been drawing huge turn out of people, mostly under privileged, seeking redressal to their various problems ranging from welfare pensions to medical aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today