Achuthanandan dig at `Kairali channel`
Thiruvananthapur: Taking a dig at CPI-M
supported Malayalam television channel `Kairali`, State chief
minister and party veteran V S Achuthanandan on Thursday said the
channel should have followed the example of Malayalam actor
Jagathy Sreekumar who recently pulled out from appearing in
advertisements of Bhutan and Sikkim state lotteries.
Achuthanandan was responding to reporters query regarding
the `live telecast of Bhutan and Sikkim lottery draw result
in Kairali even after government maintained that promoters
of these lotteries were violating rules.
During the Independence day address, Achuthanandan had
said that other state lotteries have become a bane in state`s
economy and were siphoning poor man`s money.
Taking cue from the concern voiced by Achuthanandan over the
craze for lotteries in Kerala soceity, Sreekumar had announced
his decision not to appear in advertisements of lotteries.
Welcoming the actor`s decision, Achuthanandan said actor
was a model which others should emulate.
There have also been allegation of millions of lottery
tickets from Sikkim and Bhutan being sold in Kerala and
their agents indulging in tax evasions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!