Achuthanandan dig at `Kairali channel`
Thiruvananthapur: Taking a dig at CPI-M
supported Malayalam television channel `Kairali`, State chief
minister and party veteran V S Achuthanandan on Thursday said the
channel should have followed the example of Malayalam actor
Jagathy Sreekumar who recently pulled out from appearing in
advertisements of Bhutan and Sikkim state lotteries.
Achuthanandan was responding to reporters query regarding
the `live telecast of Bhutan and Sikkim lottery draw result
in Kairali even after government maintained that promoters
of these lotteries were violating rules.
During the Independence day address, Achuthanandan had
said that other state lotteries have become a bane in state`s
economy and were siphoning poor man`s money.
Taking cue from the concern voiced by Achuthanandan over the
craze for lotteries in Kerala soceity, Sreekumar had announced
his decision not to appear in advertisements of lotteries.
Welcoming the actor`s decision, Achuthanandan said actor
was a model which others should emulate.
There have also been allegation of millions of lottery
tickets from Sikkim and Bhutan being sold in Kerala and
their agents indulging in tax evasions.
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?