Achuthanandan gets Ali Hassan award
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) veteran and opposition leader V S Achuthanandan has been selected for the first Ali Hassan Memorial Samskarika Samithi award, instituted in memory of late MLA and Communist party leader A Ali Hassan.
The award, comprising a cash prize of Rs 11,111, citation and a plaque, is instituted to honour public activists.
"Achuthanandan`s contributions as a former chief minister and as a senior Communist leader in the last seven decades are unique," Republican Socialist Party leader N K Premachandran, who chaired the award panel, told a press meet here today.
The award would be presented to the leader in the first week of August, he added.
Ali Hassan Memorial Samskarika Samithi is a trust set up by his friends and family members to promote cultural and social activities to retain memories of the late leader who also served as a school headmaster and village panchayat president for long.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah