‘Achuthanandan letter’s contents media creation’
Thiruvananthapuram: Pinarayi Vijayan, Kerala state secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), Monday tried to brush off veteran communist VS Achuthanandan`s reported demand for his removal from the party post, terming it a media creation.
On Sunday, political circles were abuzz with reports that Achuthanandan has shot off a letter to party general secretary Prakash Karat demanding that rival Vijayan be removed from the post and himself offered to step down as Leader of Opposition in the state assembly, so as to enable a complete overhaul of the party organisation in the state.
Vijayan told reporters that the so-called contents of the letter being discussed in the media are nothing but a creation of the media.
Achuthanandan Monday acknowledged that he has sent the letter.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre