‘Achuthanandan letter’s contents media creation’
Thiruvananthapuram: Pinarayi Vijayan, Kerala state secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), Monday tried to brush off veteran communist VS Achuthanandan`s reported demand for his removal from the party post, terming it a media creation.
On Sunday, political circles were abuzz with reports that Achuthanandan has shot off a letter to party general secretary Prakash Karat demanding that rival Vijayan be removed from the post and himself offered to step down as Leader of Opposition in the state assembly, so as to enable a complete overhaul of the party organisation in the state.
Vijayan told reporters that the so-called contents of the letter being discussed in the media are nothing but a creation of the media.
Achuthanandan Monday acknowledged that he has sent the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing