Achuthanandan seeks CBI probe against Chief Secretary
Thiruvananthapuram: As an offshoot of the rift among a section of IAS officers in Kerala, opposition CPI-M leader V S Achuthananandan today raised allegations of suppression of assets by Chief Secretary E K Bharat Bhushan in the assembly and demanded a CBI probe, but Chief Minister Oommen Chandy rejected the charge as baseless.
Making a submission, Achuthanandan, quoting media reports, reiterated his charge made earlier that the Chief Secretary had forged his assets statement by not including his wife`s properties.
Intervening, Chandy rejected as baseless the allegations against the Chief Secretary and said "it is not the policy of the government to let down an official who has not done anything wrong."
The government would not agree with any step that would demoralise an officer and had a duty to protect officials who do "right things", he said rejecting all the charges made by Achuthanandan against Bhushan.
Not satisfied with the reply of Chandy, Achuthanandan asked `Are you ready to order a probe by CBI into the affairs?`
Bharat Bhushan himself had denied the allegations raised by Achuthanandan, when the rift in the state civil service figured in the assembly last week.
The faction feud among IAS officers came to fore following a complaint given to the IAS Association by Printing and Stationary Secretary Raju Narayanaswamy, alleging that Bhushan had made adverse remarks against him in his annual appraisal report with personal bias.
Bhushan has said there was no basis for the charge that he `harassed` and made adverse remarks in the appraisal report.
With LDF seizing on the issue to attack UDF, Chandy had asked former cabinet secretary and Planning Board Vice-Chairman K B Chandrasekher to intervene and settle the matter.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister