Achuthanandan seeks to post case to March 25
Kochi: Veteran CPI(M) leader V S Achutanandan on Monday approached the Kerala High Court to post to March 25 a petition filed by him in the `Ice Cream parlour sabotage case`, seeking a CBI probe.
The submission in this regard will be made before the court on Tuesday.
Achuthanandan had approached the court seeking a CBI probe into a case registered on the basis of claims by a relative of state minister P K Kunhalikutty that he had tried to influence witnesses in the `Ice cream parlour sex scandal` case.
The matter is pending before a division bench, headed by Chief Justice Manjula Chellur.
The Opposition leader in the assembly today filed a memo requesting posting of the case on Mar 25 as the senior counsel from Delhi has been engaged for appearing in the High Court.
Advocate General K P Dandapani opposed the petition and informed the court that he was not prepared to argue the matter on Mar 25.
The sex scandal had rocked Kerala in the late 1990s when it came to light that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode was being used to lure women into prostitution. There were charges about Kunhalikutty`s involvement in the case, but he did not figure as accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?