Achuthanandan should quit as Opposition Leader: UD
Thiruvananthapuram: Ruling Congress-led UDF on Tuesday demanded the resignation of V S Achuthanandan as the Leader of the Opposition in Kerala Assembly in view of the House committee`s findings that he had intervened in getting plum official posts for his son during his tenure as Chief Minister.
In a statement here, UDF Convener P P Thankachan claimed Achuthanandan had "no moral or lawful right" to continue in office as it had been proved that he was prima facie guilty on the issue.
He said the recent statements of Achuthanandan were not in keeping with the dignity of the position he held. "The words he used against Sindhu Joy, who joined Congress after leaving CPI-M last year, were shameful," he said.
Citing Achuthanandan`s earlier remarks against Congress President Sonia Gandhi and his opponent in the last assembly elections Lathika Subhash, Thankachan alleged he had made it a habit to tarnish women political leaders.
He claimed that Achuthanandan was "mentally disturbed" by the "proven charges" against his son as was evident from his recent outbursts.
"Achuthanandan should either quit as Opposition Leader on his own or the party leadership should remove him from the post," Thankachan said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir