Achuthanandan strikes dissenting note again
Kozhikode: Striking a dissenting note again, CPI(M) veteran VS Achuthanandan on Friday attacked the state party leadership and his bete noire Pinarayi Vijayan for finding fault with media and the police team investigating the murder of Marxist rebel and RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
The octogenarian leader also made some caustic comments on the party`s Idukki district secretary, M M Mani who is facing criminal charges after his controversial speech admitting that the party had in the past eliminated its foes in the area.
Responding to the latest salvo by his senior colleague, Vijayan justified certain legal steps taken by the party in the context of the Chandrasekharan murder case.
"It is not the policy of the party to intimidate officials investigating the murder of Chandrasekharan," Achuthanandan told reporters here when asked about a case registered against a CPI-M leader for allegedly intimidating an officer in the Special Investigation Team.
About reports of Mani going underground after a case was registered against him for his controversial speech, Achuthanandan said in the past Communist leaders used to go underground to resist rulers who implicated them for fighting for the people`s rights.
"We have gone underground to resist charges brought against us by the British and the Congress(governments). In this case (Mani`s) you better enquire yourself what made him go underground", Achuthanandan said.
Referring to the party filing a contempt of court petition against a section of the media in connection with the case, he said it was not the party line to foist cases on media.
The party, on the contrary, would extent all support to the government`s efforts to investigate and bring to book those who committed the murder, he said.
Addressing a party meeting in Kannur district, Vijayan, however, refuted that Mani had gone underground. "Mani is there in Idukki.He spoke to me even this morning," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31