Achuthanandan to take royal family to SC
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala chief minister VS Achuthanandan on Wednesday said he would approach the Supreme Court against the Travancore Royal Family.
Last week, the veteran CPI-M leader had alleged that the head of the erstwhile Travancore Royal Family had attempted to smuggle out precious articles from the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple, where huge treasure trove was found in secret vaults recently.
Achuthanandan said his step followed complaints from temple employees.
"I will move the Supreme Court. I hope the Court will order an inquiry into these allegations so that the real culprits are brought to book," Achuthanandan was quoted as saying by a news website.
The former CM had last week accused family head, Uthradam Thirunal Marathandavarma, of playing a `double role` by portraying himself to be the protector of the temple wealth while attempting to take out the wealth.
"Don`t you know that Marthanda Varma goes to the temple every day? When he returns he carries a tiffin box. The general perception is that he brings the `payasam`. But it is not that. Instead, it is jewels," Achuthanandan had said.
The Supreme Court had of late ordered an audit of the temple treasure reportedly worth over a lakh crore rupees.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi