Achuthanandan to take royal family to SC
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala chief minister VS Achuthanandan on Wednesday said he would approach the Supreme Court against the Travancore Royal Family.
Last week, the veteran CPI-M leader had alleged that the head of the erstwhile Travancore Royal Family had attempted to smuggle out precious articles from the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple, where huge treasure trove was found in secret vaults recently.
Achuthanandan said his step followed complaints from temple employees.
"I will move the Supreme Court. I hope the Court will order an inquiry into these allegations so that the real culprits are brought to book," Achuthanandan was quoted as saying by a news website.
The former CM had last week accused family head, Uthradam Thirunal Marathandavarma, of playing a `double role` by portraying himself to be the protector of the temple wealth while attempting to take out the wealth.
"Don`t you know that Marthanda Varma goes to the temple every day? When he returns he carries a tiffin box. The general perception is that he brings the `payasam`. But it is not that. Instead, it is jewels," Achuthanandan had said.
The Supreme Court had of late ordered an audit of the temple treasure reportedly worth over a lakh crore rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune