Achuthanandan trains gun on IUML
Thiruvananthapuram: Keeping the heat on the ruling UDF which is under attack over the solar panel scam, CPI-M veteran VS Achuthanandan on Wednesday trained his gun on the front`s second largest partner IUML, accusing it of functioning as a `parallel government` in the state.
Addressing a press conference here, he alleged a former gun-man of state Industries Minister and IUML leader PK Kunhalikutty was appointed as passport officer in Mallapuram and human trafficking and passport tampering happened under his patronage.
He also criticised the recent government circular on Muslim marriage age and contended that by reducing the age limit to 16 years, permission had been given for child marriage.
"It is a very serious matter that IUML functions as a parallel government," he added.
On solar panel scam, Achuthanadnan said with the government suspending Chief Minister Oomen Chandy`s former gunman Salim Raj for his alleged link with scam accused Saritha Nair, `charges of opposition are proving to be just and correct`.
To a question on the high court rejecting his petition seeking further investigation against Chandy in the palmolein import deal case, the CPIM leader said he would file an appeal in Supreme Court. `Definitely, I will move the Supreme Court against the high court order`.
Meanwhile, Chandy said Achuthanandan had every right to the apex court on the matter, but wanted to know from him why he kept quite on the issue when he was chief minister from 2006-10.
On the allegations against Kunhalikutty`s former private secretary, Chandy said `now the situation has reached such an extent that any allegation could be levelled against persons in position`.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan