Achuthanandan visits slain RMP leader`s house
Kozhikode: In a major development which might trigger repercussions in the CPI-(M), party veteran VS Achuthanandan on Saturday made a surprise visit to the house of RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death by unidentified assailants last month.
Achuthanandan, who has been at loggerheads with the state CPI-M leadership, reached the slain Revolutionary Marxist Party leader`s house near here and spent about 45 minutes consoling Chandrasekharan`s mother, wife and son.
Thousands of RMP activists and supporters of Achuthanandan had lined the narrow lane leading to Chandrasekharan`s house to have a glimpse of the veteran leader.
The visit comes a day after he slammed the state party leadership and his bete noire Pinarayi Vijayan for finding fault with the media and the police team probing the murder.
The long-running feud between the two leaders flared up a fortnight ago with Achuthanandan unleashing an open attack on Vijayan for dubbing rebels as "renegades".
Slogans hailing Achuthanandan, who is the opposition leader in the state Assembly, were raised till he left the House, the first visit by a senior most CPI-M leader after Chandrasekharan was murdered last month.
Achuthanandan also visited the burial spot near the house and offered floral tributes there.
Earlier, Achuthanandan had rushed to Kozhikode cancelling his programmes to pay his last respects to the RMP leader after news of his murder came in. In his condolence message, he had described Chandrasekharan as a `fearless Communist`.
N Venu, RMP Secretary, termed Achuthanandan`s visit as an honour."It is the greatest honour`, he said.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold of Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was killed at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4. He was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the CPI-M leadership and later floated the Revolutionary Marxist Party.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation