Achuthanandan welcomes High court order on rice scheme
Thiruvanathapuram: Kerala Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan welcomed the high court order to set aside the
Eelection Commission decision to restrain the state government
from extending rice at Rs.2 per kg to fresh beneficiaries.
In a statement here today, Achuthanandan said Opposition
leader Oommen Chandy should apologise to people for trying to
scuttle the scheme.
The Election Commission in a letter to Chief Minister had
mentioned that the Commission also took into consideration the
recent statement of Chandy against the implementation of the
scheme while banning the scheme, Achuthanandan pointed out.
Centre had not so far implemented the rice at Rs.3 per kg
programme announced two years back. But, the state decided
to extend the scheme of providing rice at Rs.2 per kg to both
APL and BPL categories of people in the society, he said.
CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijyan said high court order
was a `slap` on the face of congress led UDF Opposition in the
Vijayan wondered how UDF could oppose such a people oriented
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users