Achuthanandan welcomes High court order on rice scheme
Thiruvanathapuram: Kerala Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan welcomed the high court order to set aside the
Eelection Commission decision to restrain the state government
from extending rice at Rs.2 per kg to fresh beneficiaries.
In a statement here today, Achuthanandan said Opposition
leader Oommen Chandy should apologise to people for trying to
scuttle the scheme.
The Election Commission in a letter to Chief Minister had
mentioned that the Commission also took into consideration the
recent statement of Chandy against the implementation of the
scheme while banning the scheme, Achuthanandan pointed out.
Centre had not so far implemented the rice at Rs.3 per kg
programme announced two years back. But, the state decided
to extend the scheme of providing rice at Rs.2 per kg to both
APL and BPL categories of people in the society, he said.
CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijyan said high court order
was a `slap` on the face of congress led UDF Opposition in the
Vijayan wondered how UDF could oppose such a people oriented
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'