Achuthanandan writes to Modi, seeks probe against Kerala CS
Thiruvanahapuram: CPI(M) stalwart and Kerala Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking an inquiry into the assets of Chief Secretary E K Bharat Bhushan.
In his letter to the Prime Minister, Achuthanandan had sought a probe by Central Vigilance Commissioner into the alleged "real estate" links of the bureaucrat, sources close to the nonagenarian leader said.
Achuthanandan alleged that Bharat Bhushan had concealed details regarding some properties owned by himself and his wife in the mandatory affidavit of assets furnished with the government.
Achuthanandan had earlier raised these allegations against Bhushan in the state assembly, but the government had declined to comply with his demand for a probe into the matter by removing him from the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani