Achuthanandan writes to Modi, seeks probe against Kerala CS
Thiruvanahapuram: CPI(M) stalwart and Kerala Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking an inquiry into the assets of Chief Secretary E K Bharat Bhushan.
In his letter to the Prime Minister, Achuthanandan had sought a probe by Central Vigilance Commissioner into the alleged "real estate" links of the bureaucrat, sources close to the nonagenarian leader said.
Achuthanandan alleged that Bharat Bhushan had concealed details regarding some properties owned by himself and his wife in the mandatory affidavit of assets furnished with the government.
Achuthanandan had earlier raised these allegations against Bhushan in the state assembly, but the government had declined to comply with his demand for a probe into the matter by removing him from the post.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP