Achuthanandan writes to Modi, seeks probe against Kerala CS
Thiruvanahapuram: CPI(M) stalwart and Kerala Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking an inquiry into the assets of Chief Secretary E K Bharat Bhushan.
In his letter to the Prime Minister, Achuthanandan had sought a probe by Central Vigilance Commissioner into the alleged "real estate" links of the bureaucrat, sources close to the nonagenarian leader said.
Achuthanandan alleged that Bharat Bhushan had concealed details regarding some properties owned by himself and his wife in the mandatory affidavit of assets furnished with the government.
Achuthanandan had earlier raised these allegations against Bhushan in the state assembly, but the government had declined to comply with his demand for a probe into the matter by removing him from the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!