Achuthanandan`s demands resignation of UDF govt
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M veteran and Opposition leader in the Kerala Assembly VS Achuthanandan on Friday criticised the UDF government`s decision to revise the State Building rules and alleged that new provisions were to help relaters.
Talking to reporters here, Achuthanandan said the decisioin to allow the construction of high-rise buildings in islets would adversely affect the environment and ecology of the state.
He wanted the government to reconsider the provions and said the new building rules would have serious consequences in the state. Most of the provisions with regard to high-rise buildings have overlooked the safety aspects, he said.
He also alleged irregularities in the election expenditure accounts submitted by some of UDF partners before the Election Commission.
Achuthanandan alleged there were defects in the expenditure accounts of the last assembly election of IUML and Kerala Congress (M).
UDF have come to power by induling in fiancial irregularity, he alleged and wanted a detailed probe into the matter.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation