Achuthanandan`s sacked staff see CPI-M`s humane face
Thiruvananthapuram: Even though the CPI-M booted out three staff members of veteran party leader VS Achuthanandan from the party, forcing their exit from veteran leader`s office, the trio is being allowed to continue working till May 30.
"The party has allowed that because they can then get the salary for the full month of May. We also have intimated the general administration department in the state secretariat that they will remain as staff till May 30," an office staffer told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
On May 12, the party, in a series of meetings in Delhi, approved the sacking of the three - Achuthanandan`s personal assistant and close aide A Suresh, his press secretary K Balakrishnan, and additional private secretary VK Sasidharan.
The three were sacked on grounds of indiscipline after they were found responsible for leaking classified information about the deliberations of the 2008 Coimbatore party congress to the media in February 2010.
Party guidelines provide for showing no mercy to those thrown out of the party; yet, many journalists were surprised to continue receiving press releases from Sasidharan`s email id.
On Tuesday, a condolence message from Achuthanandan on the death of a former party colleague who passed away in Punjab came from Sasidharan`s email id.
"They remain on the rolls till May 30, and hence, technically speaking, there is nothing wrong in sending an official press release of Achuthanandan from his (Sasidharan`s) id," a top party functionary said.
However, soon after the decision to sack the three was taken, they have stopped appearing before the media, even though they have continued to work out of Achuthanandan`s official residence.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars