Achuthanandan`s sacked staff see CPI-M`s humane face
Thiruvananthapuram: Even though the CPI-M booted out three staff members of veteran party leader VS Achuthanandan from the party, forcing their exit from veteran leader`s office, the trio is being allowed to continue working till May 30.
"The party has allowed that because they can then get the salary for the full month of May. We also have intimated the general administration department in the state secretariat that they will remain as staff till May 30," an office staffer told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
On May 12, the party, in a series of meetings in Delhi, approved the sacking of the three - Achuthanandan`s personal assistant and close aide A Suresh, his press secretary K Balakrishnan, and additional private secretary VK Sasidharan.
The three were sacked on grounds of indiscipline after they were found responsible for leaking classified information about the deliberations of the 2008 Coimbatore party congress to the media in February 2010.
Party guidelines provide for showing no mercy to those thrown out of the party; yet, many journalists were surprised to continue receiving press releases from Sasidharan`s email id.
On Tuesday, a condolence message from Achuthanandan on the death of a former party colleague who passed away in Punjab came from Sasidharan`s email id.
"They remain on the rolls till May 30, and hence, technically speaking, there is nothing wrong in sending an official press release of Achuthanandan from his (Sasidharan`s) id," a top party functionary said.
However, soon after the decision to sack the three was taken, they have stopped appearing before the media, even though they have continued to work out of Achuthanandan`s official residence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know