Achuthandan`s plea in sex racket case posted for Feb 19
Kozhikode: A court here today posted to February 19 CPI-M veteran V S Achuthanandan`s petition seeking to be heard before it took a decision on the police report in a two-decades old sex scandal case exonerating Industry Minister P K Kunhalikutty of charges that he sabotaged the earlier probe.
A special investigation team in its report filed in the Judicial Magistrate Court had stated that there was no evidence to substantiate the charges made by an estranged relative of Kunhalikutty that the probe into the ice cream parlour sex scandal case was sabotaged at the IUML leader`s behest.
The case pertains to allegations that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode beach was used as a cover for running a sex racket in the late 1990s.
Though Kunhalikutty never became an accused in the case, he had come under a cloud in the wake of the scandal and even had to quit the ministry then.
The IUML leader`s name resurfaced during the fag end of the previous LDF regime when the relative of Kunhalikutty alleged that he had helped him to wriggle out of the case by bribing the witnesses among other things.
The then Achuthanandan Government had ordered a fresh probe by the SIT, which later submitted the report giving a clean chit to Kunhalikutty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen