Activist fasting for new dam in Idukki arrested
Idukki: An activist, fasting near here
for the past five days, demanding a new dam to replace
Mullaperiyar, was arrested and removed after his health
condition deteriorated, police said today.
The activist belonging to Mullaperiyar Samrakshna Samiti,
C P Roy, was admitted to the ICU of a private hospital after
he was arrested from the fasting spot at Chappath near
Mullaperiyar late last night.
He was demanding construction of a new dam in place of
the 116-year-old structure over which Kerala is locked in
dispute with Tamil Nadu.
Meanwhile, rumours that CPI MLA E S Bijimol, also on fast
for the last five days, would soon be arrested, created
tension in the area.
A group of supporters converged near the fasting pandal
and said they would resist if the police sought to move her to
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?