Additional CJM`s plea to relieve him from Solar scam case
Kochi: In an unusual move, the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (Narcotics) NV Raju, against whom Kerala High Court`s Vigilance Registrar has begun a probe for alleged `procedural lapses` in the Solar panel scam case, Tuesday urged the Chief Judicial Magistrate to relieve him.
Raju in a plea to the CJM said he was not keen to hear the arguments in the case and hence should be recused.
However, since the chargesheet in the case has not yet been filed, the CJM said Raju`s plea can be considered only after that.
The probe against the ACJM was ordered following two complaints filed in the High Court alleging that the magistrate had refused to record the statement of solar panel scam accused Saritha S Nair, despite hearing her for about 20 minutes in-camera.
Vigilance Registrar, S Mohandas, had two days ago taken the statements of two court officials and a civil police officer, who have denied having heard anything what Saritha had said before the magistrate. Some court records were also seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?