Additional CJM`s plea to relieve him from Solar scam case
Kochi: In an unusual move, the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (Narcotics) NV Raju, against whom Kerala High Court`s Vigilance Registrar has begun a probe for alleged `procedural lapses` in the Solar panel scam case, Tuesday urged the Chief Judicial Magistrate to relieve him.
Raju in a plea to the CJM said he was not keen to hear the arguments in the case and hence should be recused.
However, since the chargesheet in the case has not yet been filed, the CJM said Raju`s plea can be considered only after that.
The probe against the ACJM was ordered following two complaints filed in the High Court alleging that the magistrate had refused to record the statement of solar panel scam accused Saritha S Nair, despite hearing her for about 20 minutes in-camera.
Vigilance Registrar, S Mohandas, had two days ago taken the statements of two court officials and a civil police officer, who have denied having heard anything what Saritha had said before the magistrate. Some court records were also seized.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days