Additional forces to control rush at Sabarimala: DGP
Thiruvananthapuram: Additional police personnel would be deployed at Sabarimala during the current `Mandalam` and `Makaravilakku` pilgrimage season to the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa in view of the heavy rush of devotees, a top police official has said.
The flow of pilgrims had been heavy for the past few days and steps had been taken to reduce the hardships faced by the devotees, DGP K S Balasubramaniam said in a statement here yesterday.
The decision to block vehicles at `Nilakkal` would be given up taking into account the inconvenience of piligrims. Further inititatives would be taken to control the flow of pilgrims to the 18 holy steps to the holy shrine.
On the trekking path between Marakoottam and Nadapandal, steps would be taken to distribute potable water and snacks to the pilgrims, he said.
Kerala State Road Transport Corporation authorities had been asked to resume services in the Kumili-Uppupara route in the interest of the pilgrims who were being fleeced by jeep operators, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble