Additional forces to control rush at Sabarimala: DGP
Thiruvananthapuram: Additional police personnel would be deployed at Sabarimala during the current `Mandalam` and `Makaravilakku` pilgrimage season to the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa in view of the heavy rush of devotees, a top police official has said.
The flow of pilgrims had been heavy for the past few days and steps had been taken to reduce the hardships faced by the devotees, DGP K S Balasubramaniam said in a statement here yesterday.
The decision to block vehicles at `Nilakkal` would be given up taking into account the inconvenience of piligrims. Further inititatives would be taken to control the flow of pilgrims to the 18 holy steps to the holy shrine.
On the trekking path between Marakoottam and Nadapandal, steps would be taken to distribute potable water and snacks to the pilgrims, he said.
Kerala State Road Transport Corporation authorities had been asked to resume services in the Kumili-Uppupara route in the interest of the pilgrims who were being fleeced by jeep operators, he said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why