AG opposes impleadment of telephone service providers
Kochi: The Kerala Government today opposed the impleadment of telephone service providers in a case relating to the seizure of telephone records of Salim Raj, accused in solar scam case and former gunman of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
A Division Bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice K Vinodchandran, had on August 6 stayed the single judge`s order of seizure of telephone records of Salim Raj.
The single judge had issued an interim order on two petitions seeking an investigation by a special team or the CBI into two land deal cases in which Salim Raj is allegedly involved. The order was challenged by the state government on an appeal.
When the matter came up today, one of the respondents Premchand R Nair filed an appeal seeking to implead the mobile service providers.
Advocate General, K P Dandapani opposed the petition, which was posted by the bench to next week.
Earlier, one of the reasons for staying the seizure order was the non-impleading of service providers.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: IAF's chopper MI-17 takes off from Nainital to drop water in affected areas - WATCH
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- See pic: NASA releases updated global map of Pluto!
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure