AG opposes impleadment of telephone service providers
Kochi: The Kerala Government today opposed the impleadment of telephone service providers in a case relating to the seizure of telephone records of Salim Raj, accused in solar scam case and former gunman of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
A Division Bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice K Vinodchandran, had on August 6 stayed the single judge`s order of seizure of telephone records of Salim Raj.
The single judge had issued an interim order on two petitions seeking an investigation by a special team or the CBI into two land deal cases in which Salim Raj is allegedly involved. The order was challenged by the state government on an appeal.
When the matter came up today, one of the respondents Premchand R Nair filed an appeal seeking to implead the mobile service providers.
Advocate General, K P Dandapani opposed the petition, which was posted by the bench to next week.
Earlier, one of the reasons for staying the seizure order was the non-impleading of service providers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened