AG opposes impleadment of telephone service providers
Kochi: The Kerala Government today opposed the impleadment of telephone service providers in a case relating to the seizure of telephone records of Salim Raj, accused in solar scam case and former gunman of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
A Division Bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice K Vinodchandran, had on August 6 stayed the single judge`s order of seizure of telephone records of Salim Raj.
The single judge had issued an interim order on two petitions seeking an investigation by a special team or the CBI into two land deal cases in which Salim Raj is allegedly involved. The order was challenged by the state government on an appeal.
When the matter came up today, one of the respondents Premchand R Nair filed an appeal seeking to implead the mobile service providers.
Advocate General, K P Dandapani opposed the petition, which was posted by the bench to next week.
Earlier, one of the reasons for staying the seizure order was the non-impleading of service providers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!