Ahluwalia in Kerala to discuss development schemes
Thiruvananthapuram: Deputy Chairman of the
Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia is in the Kerala
capital to discuss various developmental and welfare schemes
initiated by the Congress-led UDF Government in the state.
Ahluwalia attended a special meeting of the state
Planning Board, chaired by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
State Planning Board vice chairman and former Union
cabinet secretary K M Chandrasekhar, eminent technocrat and
planning board member E Sreedharan and senior officials were
present at the meeting.
Ahluwalia would interact with state ministers later in the
day, official sources said.
Some major projects for which Kerala expects central
support would figure at the meeting, held ahead of the Railway
and Union budgets, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017