AI flight to Agatti skids off runway; all safe
Kochi: Passengers of an Air India flight
escaped unhurt when the aircraft skidded off the runway while
landing at the Agatti airport in Lakshadweep island on Friday.
The Kochi-Agatti AI9501 flight had taken off with 20
passengers and crew from the Nedumbassery airport here at
10.15 am and just as it made the touch down at Agatti an hour
later the flight skidded off to a muddy area, Air India
None of the passengers or crew was hurt and all of them
were evacuated immediately.
The aircraft has been brought back to the runway and will
return here after mandatory air safety checks, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies