AI flight to Agatti skids off runway; all safe
Kochi: Passengers of an Air India flight
escaped unhurt when the aircraft skidded off the runway while
landing at the Agatti airport in Lakshadweep island on Friday.
The Kochi-Agatti AI9501 flight had taken off with 20
passengers and crew from the Nedumbassery airport here at
10.15 am and just as it made the touch down at Agatti an hour
later the flight skidded off to a muddy area, Air India
None of the passengers or crew was hurt and all of them
were evacuated immediately.
The aircraft has been brought back to the runway and will
return here after mandatory air safety checks, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra