AI issue: CPI-M wants PM to convene high-level meet
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M`s Kerala unit on Sunday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to immediately convene a meeting of aviation officials to solve problems being faced by Gulf-bound passengers from Kerala following frequent cancellation of AirIndia flights.
The Prime Minister should convene a high-level meeting of Civil Aviation ministry officials, AI managing director and others concerned to find a solution to the issue, party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said in a statement here.
He said Kerala was being totally neglected by national carrier AirIndia and budget airline AirIndia Express flights were frequently being cancelled without notice, causing hardship to passengers from the state.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, representing the state capital in the Lok Sabha, said he had spoken to Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh who had promised to solve the issue soon.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur