AI issue: CPI-M wants PM to convene high-level meet
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M`s Kerala unit on Sunday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to immediately convene a meeting of aviation officials to solve problems being faced by Gulf-bound passengers from Kerala following frequent cancellation of AirIndia flights.
The Prime Minister should convene a high-level meeting of Civil Aviation ministry officials, AI managing director and others concerned to find a solution to the issue, party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said in a statement here.
He said Kerala was being totally neglected by national carrier AirIndia and budget airline AirIndia Express flights were frequently being cancelled without notice, causing hardship to passengers from the state.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, representing the state capital in the Lok Sabha, said he had spoken to Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh who had promised to solve the issue soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security