AI issue: CPI-M wants PM to convene high-level meet
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M`s Kerala unit on Sunday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to immediately convene a meeting of aviation officials to solve problems being faced by Gulf-bound passengers from Kerala following frequent cancellation of AirIndia flights.
The Prime Minister should convene a high-level meeting of Civil Aviation ministry officials, AI managing director and others concerned to find a solution to the issue, party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said in a statement here.
He said Kerala was being totally neglected by national carrier AirIndia and budget airline AirIndia Express flights were frequently being cancelled without notice, causing hardship to passengers from the state.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, representing the state capital in the Lok Sabha, said he had spoken to Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh who had promised to solve the issue soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?