AI issue: CPI-M wants PM to convene high-level meet
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M`s Kerala unit on Sunday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to immediately convene a meeting of aviation officials to solve problems being faced by Gulf-bound passengers from Kerala following frequent cancellation of AirIndia flights.
The Prime Minister should convene a high-level meeting of Civil Aviation ministry officials, AI managing director and others concerned to find a solution to the issue, party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said in a statement here.
He said Kerala was being totally neglected by national carrier AirIndia and budget airline AirIndia Express flights were frequently being cancelled without notice, causing hardship to passengers from the state.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, representing the state capital in the Lok Sabha, said he had spoken to Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh who had promised to solve the issue soon.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened