AI issue: CPI-M wants PM to convene high-level meet
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M`s Kerala unit on Sunday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to immediately convene a meeting of aviation officials to solve problems being faced by Gulf-bound passengers from Kerala following frequent cancellation of AirIndia flights.
The Prime Minister should convene a high-level meeting of Civil Aviation ministry officials, AI managing director and others concerned to find a solution to the issue, party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said in a statement here.
He said Kerala was being totally neglected by national carrier AirIndia and budget airline AirIndia Express flights were frequently being cancelled without notice, causing hardship to passengers from the state.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, representing the state capital in the Lok Sabha, said he had spoken to Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh who had promised to solve the issue soon.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3