AI launches 2 daily budget services from Kozhikode
Kozhikode: Two daily budget flight services of
Air India connecting the city with Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Agatti in Lakshadweep islands were Thursday inaugurated by
Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi.
Alliance Air, a subsidiary of Air India, would operate the flights with 48-seater ATR42 aircraft on all days except Sundays, airport sources said.
The Kozhikode-Thiruvananthapuram-Kozhikode and Kozhikode-
Kochi-Agatti-Kozhikode flights, being resumed after a gap of
two years, would be a boon to passengers, especially to
politicians and those travelling to the state capital for
The flight connecting Kozhikode and Agatti meets a
long-pending demand of Lakshadweep people.
Air India is offering attractive fares in view of the Onam
festival upto September 30. The fare for journey from
Kozhikode to Thiruvananthapuram would be Rs 2,005 while it
would be Rs 1,005 to Kochi and Rs 3,005 to Agatti.
Speaking to reporters at the Karippur international airport
here after the inauguration, Ravi said the demand for
re-introduction of the direct flight between Kozhikode and
Delhi and Chennai would be examined.
The two flights were cancelled a couple of years ago for
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan