AI launches 2 daily budget services from Kozhikode
Kozhikode: Two daily budget flight services of
Air India connecting the city with Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Agatti in Lakshadweep islands were Thursday inaugurated by
Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi.
Alliance Air, a subsidiary of Air India, would operate the flights with 48-seater ATR42 aircraft on all days except Sundays, airport sources said.
The Kozhikode-Thiruvananthapuram-Kozhikode and Kozhikode-
Kochi-Agatti-Kozhikode flights, being resumed after a gap of
two years, would be a boon to passengers, especially to
politicians and those travelling to the state capital for
The flight connecting Kozhikode and Agatti meets a
long-pending demand of Lakshadweep people.
Air India is offering attractive fares in view of the Onam
festival upto September 30. The fare for journey from
Kozhikode to Thiruvananthapuram would be Rs 2,005 while it
would be Rs 1,005 to Kochi and Rs 3,005 to Agatti.
Speaking to reporters at the Karippur international airport
here after the inauguration, Ravi said the demand for
re-introduction of the direct flight between Kozhikode and
Delhi and Chennai would be examined.
The two flights were cancelled a couple of years ago for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'