All-party meeting held in Kozhikode
Kozhikode: In the wake of the prevailing political tension at the nearby Nadapuram, where five people were killed in a bomb blast yesterday, an all- political party
meeting was held here with a view to bring peace in the area.
The meeting which was attended among others by Kerala forest minister, Binoy viswam, who is also the local MLA, said the meeting had taken five decisions to be implemented in the area to bring lasting peace.
It was decided after the expiry of the Prohibitory order clamped in the area, Motorcycle travel after 10 pm in the Nadapuram police station limits will be prohibited.
Police will be given full freedom to tackle the situation and take action against those involved in the incident.
The meeting decided that instead of blaming each other for any untoward incident, the origin of such incident should be found out.
It was also decided to bring to light the actual people involved in the incidents at Nadapuram.
A `peace march` with the participation of the people will be organise at Nadapuram before March 10.
Nadapuram and surrounding areas has been witnessing political violence between the IUML and CPI(M) for the last few years.
Five people allegedly IUML workers were killed and three others suffered injuries in a bomb blast on Saturday night.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre