Anti-piracy cell in state CB-CID wing
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Cabinet on Tuesday
decided to wind-up the inquiry commission, set up by the
previous LDF government into the police firing incident at
Kasargode in which one person was killed, Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy said.
It was also decided to withdraw the writ appeal in the High
Court in connection with the case and also pay a compensation
of Rs 5 lakh to the family of the deceased Muhammed Safeik,
stated to be an IUML activist, he told reporters after a
The commission was headed by Justice MA Nishar.
Police opened fire when a protest by IUML workers
reportedly turned violent in Kasargode in November 2009.
Chandy said the cabinet decided to set up a new anti-piracy
cell in the State Crime Branch-CID wing.
Post of one superintendent of police and DYSP and two that
of sub-inspectors would be created for the wing.
The Cabinet gave approval to create 262 new posts in
government higher secondary schools in the seven districts of
Malabar and Thrissur where new plus two batches were
sanctioned by the previous LDF government.
Approval has been given for the post of 239 junior grade
teachers and 23 higher grade teachers, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'