Antony had no role in ISRO spy case: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday said Defence Minister AK Antony had no role in the 1994 ISRO spy case.
"Not a single person will ever mention that Antony had any role in that case. The case was of interest only to the media and also to some political parties," Chandy told reporters here.
The Central Bureau of Investigation had asked the Kerala government to take action against three police officers after the Supreme Court ordered the closure of the case in 1996 and the freeing of the five accused, including Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientist S Nambi Narayanan.
Narayanan, along with another ISRO official, two Maldivian women and a businessman were arrested in 1994.
Last month, the Kerala High Court upheld an order of the National Human Rights Commission awarding compensation of Rs 1 million to Narayanan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city