Antony had no role in ISRO spy case: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday said Defence Minister AK Antony had no role in the 1994 ISRO spy case.
"Not a single person will ever mention that Antony had any role in that case. The case was of interest only to the media and also to some political parties," Chandy told reporters here.
The Central Bureau of Investigation had asked the Kerala government to take action against three police officers after the Supreme Court ordered the closure of the case in 1996 and the freeing of the five accused, including Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientist S Nambi Narayanan.
Narayanan, along with another ISRO official, two Maldivian women and a businessman were arrested in 1994.
Last month, the Kerala High Court upheld an order of the National Human Rights Commission awarding compensation of Rs 1 million to Narayanan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan