Antony had no role in ISRO spy case: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday said Defence Minister AK Antony had no role in the 1994 ISRO spy case.
"Not a single person will ever mention that Antony had any role in that case. The case was of interest only to the media and also to some political parties," Chandy told reporters here.
The Central Bureau of Investigation had asked the Kerala government to take action against three police officers after the Supreme Court ordered the closure of the case in 1996 and the freeing of the five accused, including Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientist S Nambi Narayanan.
Narayanan, along with another ISRO official, two Maldivian women and a businessman were arrested in 1994.
Last month, the Kerala High Court upheld an order of the National Human Rights Commission awarding compensation of Rs 1 million to Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!