Antony had no role in ISRO spy case: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday said Defence Minister AK Antony had no role in the 1994 ISRO spy case.
"Not a single person will ever mention that Antony had any role in that case. The case was of interest only to the media and also to some political parties," Chandy told reporters here.
The Central Bureau of Investigation had asked the Kerala government to take action against three police officers after the Supreme Court ordered the closure of the case in 1996 and the freeing of the five accused, including Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientist S Nambi Narayanan.
Narayanan, along with another ISRO official, two Maldivian women and a businessman were arrested in 1994.
Last month, the Kerala High Court upheld an order of the National Human Rights Commission awarding compensation of Rs 1 million to Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India